How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Patrick, Esq. Your Own Question
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 12638
Experience:  Attorney with significant personal injury experience
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Patrick, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

On April 18, it ad been raining and I was crossing the walmart

Customer Question

On April 18, it ad been raining and I was crossing the walmart parking lot and slipped on an oil slick in a handicap parking space and tore my quadriceps tendon and had to have surgery to re=attach it. I filled out a grievance/claim with Walmart and they declined it.
Is it advised to get a lawyer and try to have them pay for the medical bills and time off?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question. Your injuries are sufficiently serious to warrant getting an attorney involved. The challenge you will face is in proving that this oil slick is something Walmart could have reasonably done something about. Simply because an injury happened on someone's premises does not make that person or company responsible. You have to prove negligence, and in order to prove negligence you have to establish that the person or company knew or should have known about the dangerous condition causing your fall and failed to take reasonable measures to correct the condition. It may very well be that you can successfully argue this, but what is certain is that you can't do it without a skilled lawyer. Therefore, it would be prudent to retain a lawyer as soon as possible. Most personal injury attorneys work on a contingency fee basis. If you don't know, a contingency fee arrangement is one in which the attorney receives a portion of the client's settlement or award as his payment, typically 1/3 of the total amount. If there is no recovery, the attorney does not get paid. The client never pays until the settlement or award is obtained (except perhaps to cover the filing costs for his claim). See here to find a lawyer in your area who can help. I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.* Disclaimer *Just Answer is a venue for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is formed by these communications.