How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 7355
Experience:  Partnered in a personal injury law firm for approximately 30 years.
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can a homeowner seek injunctive relief in small claims cou

Customer Question

Can a homeowner seek injunctive relief in small claims court?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is NOT a personal injury question! It is a real estate question, under the Davis-Stirling Act and related Codes.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
A California small claims court may issue injunctive relief, but only in limited circumstances. In certain real estate cases it can issue an order for specific performance. California Code of Civil Procedure §§ 116.210-116.221 providex that in any small claims action seeking money damages, the Small Claims Court may grant equitable relief in the form of recision, restitution, reformation and specific performance, in lieu of, or in addition to, money damages.Please don't forget to enter a rating by clicking on one of the five boxes at the top of this reply. We are not employees of Just Answer, and only receive credit for assisting you when the rating is positive. AND THANKS FOR USING JUST ANSWER.

Related Personal Injury Law Questions