How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MIAMILAW1127 Your Own Question
MIAMILAW1127, Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 755
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
MIAMILAW1127 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My two sons were rear ended Sept 1, 2015. They went to

Customer Question

My two sons were rear ended Sept 1, 2015. They went to urgent care who referred one of them to PT. We had issues gettign info from the insurance company on where/who he should go see. We did not have personal health insurance at that time.He started PT with 2 months and after a couple of visits, he got a call from the PT doctor saying that insurance just called and said they wouldn't pay. We called the insurance company several times to get answers and were told he would have to get an independent doctor study. This was not done until March 2016. When January 2016 began, and I had personal insurance, I had my son continue with his PT and told him we would fight insurance later - he needed PT now and we couldn't wait for the independent study. Kimo then went to the independent study and after another month or so waiting we were told that all insurance claims after October of 2015 would be denied. Kimo has struggled with significant upper and lower back pain since the accident - and tried to get a job in December - he worked 2 days for Fed Ex and could not handle the weight of lifting the packages and needed to quit. We are in need of help, advice or something to at least pay for his medical bills.....
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Was the at-fault driver insured?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes they were insured.... in MN though I guess the injury part is run through our insurance and they are reimbursed by the other company???? I don't get why our own insurance is stopping the payment piece.... they have been terrible advocates for us... we did get full value of the car as the other insurance company deemed it totaled... but the injury part has been ridiculous.
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.
So, the medical treatment goes through your PIP insurance. They can deny benefits in which case the provider will need to sue the insurance company. The injured party can also sue the at-fault driver's insurance for the bodily injury coverage.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So basically I need to retain an attorney and sue them to get the money deserved.... thanks, ***** ***** wanted clarification. :)
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.
That's correct.