How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 1117
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My question has to do with a medical issue from

Customer Question

Hello,My question has to do with a medical issue from 2010. I had a hysterectomy in 2010. After surgery I came home and during the first week I kept calling the doctor everyday advising that my right side was hurting, he told me that it was normal. My stomach came apart and I ended up in the emergency room. I ended up being admitted because I now had MRSA. My doctor kept apologizing to me. I just found out the the sutures that were used were recalled. Is there anything I can do about this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
are you asking if you can pursue a claim for malpractice? was the last visit to this medical provider in 2010 in florida?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure. I do not see this doctor anymore, however I believe that I have been there after the surgery.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
You want to check on the last date as that would be when the clock would run on statute of limitation defense. Past that you can definitely pursue a claim where can show through medical records and your own independent doctor and lawyer that there was error in treatment which caused you injury. Normally a personal injury malpractice lawyer would take on contingency and seek to settle the case before it gets too far.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
Kindly let me know if that is fast and acceptable.

Related Personal Injury Law Questions