How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 30359
Experience:  JA Mentor
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

She comes from this I have a car accident case back in 2013

Customer Question

She comes from this I have a car accident case back in 2013 the case was filed but my attorney try to get a quick settlement and drop the case I took over as attorney to represent myself since I wasn't able to get attorney in time but they cancelled without prejudice file was dismissed I'm filing a motion reinstated the question I have the first one is when you file the motion does all parties have to have original ink or just the signature in New Jersey the second question is when I became representative of myself does all parties have to be notified by certified mail and regular mail and and when the original paperwork was filed do they have to get a copy of everything that I believe my first attorney never did anything need help I have 6 missing teeth and $28,000 worth of damage
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.


I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

The original summons and Complaint is filed with the court. You're allowed to serve the other parties with copies. They don't need original documents. They also don't need documentation you filed in the first case if those papers aren't be filed again in this new case.

When you file the new Complaint, because you know longer have a lawyer, it will be filed as "Your Name, Pro Se". The words "pro se" let the other parties know that you're representing yourself, so it's not necessary to file something separately. Lawyers have to file a Notice of Appearance when they enter a case and a Notice of Withdrawal when they stop representing someone, but since your case was dismissed, you no longer have an attorney of record. There's no need to file anything unless you decide to hire a new lawyer down the road.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.