How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 16622
Experience:  I have successfully handled number of Personal Injury cases
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a cat scan from a technican brain bleed and the

Customer Question

I had a cat scan from a technican for a brain bleed and the technician walked me out to a the vehicle driven by a co-worker and he told the co worker I had bledding on my brain and to drive me to hospital. I advised the technician that it was againist hipaa law to inform anyone but me about my health issues. He just shrugged it off and when I called the facility I had the scan at they said he was just concerned about me. Told the biggest blabber mouth in my company which upset me. What can I do regarding this situation.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Was the co-worker also employed by the company / medical facility that the driver was employed by?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no co worke and myself work for same company
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your follow up.

If private medical information is disseminated to a third party, without patient's consent, then a complaint regarding HIPAA violation can be filed at the link below:

The government agency will investigate the complaint and will take appropriate disciplinary / corrective action upon conclusion of their investigation.

I wish you the best of luck!

Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.