Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with significant personal injury experience
60109343

I am a participant in the Class Action Lawsuit against New

Customer Question

I am a participant in the Class Action Lawsuit against New England Compounding Pharmacy. I was injected with contaminated drugs during a epidural spinal injection. I did not contract meningitis but have suffered with lumbar spine and left leg pain since the injection. I have undergone a Laminectomy which failed and I now have a broken facet bone. I have recently has a spinal stimulator implanted to help with the pain. Unfortunately this has not been the relief I hoped for.
I filed a claim for $300,000. Today I received a letter from the NECC Settlement Agency and they have only approved an amount of $25,984.20. Do I have any recourse against this settlement?
Laura Bookland
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Laura,

Thank you very much for your question. There is never an obligation to accept a class action settlement. If a class action settlement is not acceptable to you, you can opt out of the class and file your own lawsuit in civil court. Of course, you will need an attorney to assist you with that, but personal injury attorneys generally operate on a pure contingency fee basis, which means you pay nothing up front, only a percentage of whatever you recover (typically 33%). See here to find a personal injury lawyer, specifically a "product liability" lawyer in your area who can help.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Are you still with me, Laura?

Are you getting my messages? Would you please let me know if you are able to read this?