Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

Personal Injury Law

I was in an Auto Accident on 8/11/2016. The accident was not

Customer Question
my fault and the other...
I was in an Auto Accident on 8/11/2016. The accident was not my fault and the other persons insurance, Liberty Mutual Commercial, has been delaying any kind of settlement by saying, i.e. I have not sent the medical release form, which I have email proof I have sent twice, once after accident and again three months ago. They have requested it again last night. That is just one example of the kind of run around I am getting, without giving you a 10 page summary of all the delays and run around I am getting.
I was hit broadside by a commercial truck that ran a red light. I was taken by ambulance to the emergency room and diagnosed with a slight concussion. My medical bills added up to over $13,000. It is not a large enough amount for an attorney to really want to get involved with, but my credit report has been affected, and the bill collectors are calling demanding the money owed to Hospital, Doctor, Ambulance, X-Rays, and Physical Therapy.
I have all my records and have kept a log of all phone calls, emails, etc. Can I take them to court my self? Would I go to Small claims court? or is $13,000 to high for small claims? Relatives told me I should be getting compensation for pain and suffering, Lost wages, and Medical Bill Paid by me. Right now I just want my medical bills paid and then I will just go on with my life and just figure in life the little guy can never win against an insurance company.
Is there anything I can do to put pressure on Liberty Mutual. My insurance is State Farm, and they have replaced my vehicle and taken care of their part, but the other parties insurance is not cooperating.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
3/15/2016
Personal Injury Lawyer: LawTalk, Attorney replied 1 year ago
LawTalk, Attorney

Good morning Michael,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. And the little guy does win, all the time. But winning is anything but automatic.

I have been a licensed, litigation attorney for more than 30 years, and I have handled several thousand cases. What you are asking for is all but impossible to respond to adequately in this written format because of the complexities of case evaluation, and in my experience is only practical to approach in a phone conversation.

If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. If you are not interested just let me know and I will be happy to opt out. Perhaps someone else would be willing to tackle your request.

Doug

Infolawyer, Attorney