How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 1133
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I got punched from behind and got my jaw broken back in June

Customer Question

I got punched from behind and got my jaw broken back in June in a bar, I did not drink at that bar, the guy got arrested 6 months later after medical bills, got my medical bills compensated and waiting for rest of compensation, is there anything else I could do civil?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.

Good morning:

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to provide general information regarding your question. First, I am sorry to hear of the situation you were in as a result of this individual's actions.

May I ask, you mention that you have been compensated for medical bills. Was this through the criminal courts (or health insurance) process? In other words, how did the compensation come about?