How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 118772
Experience:  Licensed Attorney. Over 20 years experience in personal injury and law enforcement.
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mother suffered from a stroke back in December of last

Customer Question

My mother suffered from a stroke back in December of last year and has not had the best care at the hospital she was toke to. In January planes were made for to go to a rehab center. They told my sisters and I that we would get a training class on how to take care of her before she left. The week that she was suppose to leave she feel out of the and fractured her hip. they assured us that this was not going to happen because they has there sitters where on but that did happen. It was a tech that waked by and seen her in the floor. So after another week they sent her to rehab until recently she got an infection from not being cleaned correctly. She was treated but when they were ready to discharge her they said she could not go back there. And were were never told why were just told the insurance company said no. We contacted the insurance company and they had not even spoke with anyone at the hospital. The agent were no records of a doctor even calling and speaking with the doctor for the insurance company. As of today the hospital staff gave us an altimative either we agree to send her where they want to send her or they would just send her home and we would have to worry about.
My sister said let me call my other sister and I will get back with you. She called and spoke with me and visted the place they wanted to send her but when she returned back to the hospital room my mother was gone and they did not contact any family member to say they were moving her. There's more but this is most of what we have been dealing with. Is there any help we can get?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If they have neglected her and have not cared for her properly and now are moving her without her consent or consent of her healthcare power of attorney, then they have committed malpractice and can be sued for their negligence. You need an attorney that specializes in abuse from these facilities locally and you can find a nursing home neglect attorney or elder law attorney locally at the same sites used by other attorneys, and
Furthermore, based on their conduct and not properly watching her and leading her to fall, you need to also contact Adult Protection and file a complaint against the facility and employees for elder abuse and neglect and let them investigate as well.