Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

I had a car accident. but other party got injury. Will they…

Customer Question
I had a car accident...
I had a car accident. but other party got injury. Will they sue me? Should I feel guilty or not feel guilty about the tickets "fail obey the yield sign"? My lawyer suggested me don't feel guilt nag go court for the tickets, she said if I not admit the guilty, but the judge said I am guilty,if other party sue me , the civil case will be different. But I really don't know what will be different ? Still thinking I should go court or not go court?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/2/2016
Personal Injury Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

You can pay the fine without admitting guilt. You write on the ticket that you do not admit guilt but agree to pay the fine.

If you go to court and the judge finds you guilty you will not be able to claim in the law suit that you were NOT at fault in the accident. That part will already be decided. The second court will not hear evidence on liability because you had already been found liable. So the only issue if you are sued is how much the other person is entitled to. That is why your attorney is telling you not to go to court because you will be giving up defenses to the law suit.

If you are sued, your insurance company is required to defend you and they will pay the other parties damages if any. Most often these cases are settled by the insurance company without going to court.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer