How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TJ, Esq. Your Own Question
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 12367
Experience:  JD, MBA
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
TJ, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What should i do

Customer Question

what should i do
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i cant replace my car with the amount they are going to give me cause they are total my car. How do i get the price up for the car. And how do i make sure i get what coming to me on my health. I been to the doctor and he says i got whiplash and mild concussion. now going to chiropractor. They took back the rental car and stop paying for storage on my car at wrecker yard. it's not my insurance it was other ladys fault. And i just have liability on my car so my insurance is of no help.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

If you aren't being properly compensated, then your recourse is to file a lawsuit against the person who hit you (note: the lawsuit is not filed against her insurance company since the insurance company didn't cause the accident ... it's filed against the person who caused the accident). The person who hit you will be defended by her insurance company, and will indemnify her up to the amount of her policy.

Since you have medical bills as well as a totaled car, my suggestion is to make an appointment on Monday with a local personal injury attorney. He/she will likely be able to get all of your bills paid, and then some, without the need of actually filing a lawsuit. The threat alone from an attorney will likely cause the insurance company to settle. Typically, however, you will need to pay roughly 33% of any payment to the attorney. But quite often, the remaining 66% is still higher than what you would have gotten on your own without an attorney.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue. If not, then please remember to provide a positive rating to close out this question (and please remember that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so I greatly appreciate it). Thank you!