Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

If I settled a injury claim and there was a lien on my case…

Customer Question
If I settled a injury...
If I settled a injury claim and there was a lien on my case that I was unaware of but the insurance company I settled with did have knowledge but decided to go ahead with the settlement without taking care of the lien am I liable
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
2/25/2016
Personal Injury Lawyer: Roger, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Roger, Attorney

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

You would still be responsible for the lien even if your insurance company paid you the money directly instead of using the portion necessary to cover the lien/debt. However, you usually can negotiate with the creditor and resolve the lien for less than face value.