Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

I FELL ON ENTRANCE RAMP OF MY JOB WHICH WAS COVERED WITH ICE…

Customer Question
I FELL ON ENTRANCE RAMP...
I FELL ON ENTRANCE RAMP OF MY JOB WHICH WAS COVERED WITH ICE THAT I COULD NOT SEE. I MADE AN INCIDENT REPORT ON MY JOB AND WAS EXAMINED BY THE RADIOLOGIST ON SITE WHO SENT ME HOME. I RECIEVED A LARGE ABRASION WOUND ON MY LEFT SHIN ABOVE THE ANKLE, A SWOLLEN RIGHT HAND AND SUSTAINED MORE PAIN FROM A PREVIOUS SHOULDER INJURY THAT I WAS REHABING. i INFORMED THE BUILDING OWNER OF THE FALL UPON RETURNING TO WORK AFTER BEING OUT FOR 4DAYS. THE BUILDING OWNER SAID THAT THE CONTRACT SIGNED BY THE PREVIOUS COMPANY OWNER MADE THEM RESPONSIBLE FOR BLD MAINTAINENCE. THAT COMPANY WAS BOUGHT OUT BY A LARGER COMPANY AS OF JAN.2016. WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ICE ON THE RAMP? WHAT SHOULD I FILE IF ANYTHING.IS IT A WORKMANS COMP OR SUIT.I'VE HEARD BUT I DON'T KNOW THAT YOU CAN'T SUE YOUR EMPLOYER. WHAT CAN I DO. SINCERELY ***** *****
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
2/24/2016
Personal Injury Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you fell at work, going or coming, this is a workers compensation claim. If the lease with the company made the company liable for clearing snow and ice, then it is the company that is liable, not the landlord and if the company is liable then your only claim here is under workers compensation. You cannot sue your employer for a work injury such as this outside of workers compensation and that was a right the employee lost when the states enacted the workers compensation laws making the employer strictly liable for injury to the employer.