How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Your Own Question
John, Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 5566
Experience:  Licensed and practicing attorney.
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son has a Worker's Comp claim. He had rotator cuff

Customer Question

My son has a Worker's Comp claim. He had rotator cuff surgery on 1/26/16. The surgeon, who performed the surgery, placed his arm in a sling and ordered him not to drive until further notice, while ordering Oxycodone and Valium, along with physical therapy.
The Worker's Comp doctor ordered him back to work immediately.
He is unable to drive to work and unable to drive to the bus stop to get to work.
What are his options?
How do I file a complaint against the Worker's Comp doctor?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The complaint against the WC doc needs to go to the medical licensing board.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

The thing that needs to be understood about the insurance company medical examiner is that they are hired by the insurance company and basically in their pocket. They will find virtually everyone is able to work. Your son needs to get a workers compensation attorney in your area to dispute the matter because the insurer isn't going to pay his claim any longer. He needs to file a complaint for benefits. Clearly the treating surgeon in this matter has a better understanding of the injury and recovery but that doesn't matter to the insurer. Your son should ultimately win the workers compensation claim.

It is possible to file a complaint with the medical board because it is at it's basis a false report, the question becoming whether the doctor had a basis to come to his medical opinion. During the workers compensation case your son will get access to the doctor's opinion the surgeon's opinion and perhaps depositions. You can file these with the board here with your complaint. I've honestly never heard of an "independent medical exam" doctor receiving any discipline for these actions, but at least you'll start a paper trail against this doctor and maybe he'll be slightly more honest in his opinions in the future.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers. Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.

Related Personal Injury Law Questions