Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

Personal Injury Law

If a peace officer, under color of law, contacts your

Customer Question
employer stating they you've committed...
If a peace officer, under color of law, contacts your employer stating they you've committed some crime and you wanted by them, they pick you up from work, your car gets towed away and employer terminates you. and latter the officer finds out its not you who is wanted. but now you lost your car and job. employer won't rehire you, despite, you've given them a proof it wasn't you and you're exculpated. who would be liable for the loss of your car and job in this case?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
2/21/2016
Personal Injury Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 year ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

I am so sorry to read your difficulties.

The County/City that the Peace Officer works will be held responsible for the false arrest and the damages that you have sustained.

You would need the services of a local civil rights or employment Attorney who handles Police misconduct cases to assist you with this.

You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys:

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Consumeradvocates.org

Best wishes,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thanks for those sites. just so I know how this should play out. What about the company the didn't give the job back after the showing of the exculpatory evidence does that inculpate the company in anyway.

The company may also be liable for rushing to judgment and refusing to reverse its decision after the mistake was discovered. However, the City/County is ultimately responsible because the Peace Officer's wrongful action started the "ball rolling."

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law