Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

My husband is was arrested in october 2015, and shortly

Customer Question
Hi my husband is was...
Hi my husband is was arrested in october 2015, and shortly after that he started getting this pain in his chest the upper left side area, he didnt know what it was he told his court appointed lawyer, and he didnt do much. I went numerous times to the lawyer to see what can be done to help him, i mean the pain was so severe when i would go visit or speak to him over the phone he couldn't speak it was unbearable. I didn't understand why they weren't doing anything about it( in the jail). So then this lawyer says ok im going to put in a medical order to ask the judge. So that took another week or so. My husband calls me and says he got to see the nurse inside the jail and she examined him, she told him he had a lump as big as a golf ball on his chest and it seems to be a tumor, (ok it seems to be a tumor!!) that don't sound right first off, and she also told him she is surprised he is still standing up! So finally they send him to UCLA medical center in los angeles and he was seen they did some tests including an MRI, the doctor told him he has a tumor gave him some medication and sent him on his way. Well the medication wasn't helping. I felt hopeless, and frustrated i went to speak to the watch commander and the warden, that didn't help. I understand there are many other inmates that need medical attention but these are human beings who need medical attention, have families, kids, RIGHTS!! No one deserves to be treated this way, my husband is a good man and has children who need him, I need him! I just want him to get the proper medical attention so were able to treat it on time and not wait for it to get worst or fatal. My apologies im just very frustrated and to top that off he called me upset it turns out this doctor who treated him (who is a plastic surgeon by the way.....), didn't give him the appropriate medication. Please please tell me what I can i do to help him? Thank you for your time.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
2/17/2016
Personal Injury Lawyer: JD 1992, Attorney replied 2 years ago
JD 1992
JD 1992, Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

What do you want to achieve? (Please be specific, I need to know something other than "to help him")