How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 117438
Experience:  Licensed Attorney. Over 20 years experience in personal injury and law enforcement.
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Wife was assauklted im overseas what can I do.... there was

Customer Question

wife was assauklted im overseas what can I do.... there was a police officer who was a witness my wife has a mild concussion and stitches to the face the male offender was intoxicated and had no reason to hit my wife the officer again was a witness to this. I have the police report
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If there is a police report, your wife has the right to pursue charges against the male offender, first of all. She can take the police report to the DA to make sure that charges are being pursued.
In addition to the criminal charges, the offender is liable to her for all of her medical bills and pain and suffering resulting from the assault. So she can pursue a civil suit against him for any medical costs, lost work and pain and suffering (which is about 3-4 times her total actual costs).
So, you need to direct her to go to a local attorney to represent her in a civil suit and tell her to make sure she contacts the DA so he knows she wants to pursue criminal charges against this individual.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
alright im keeping close contact with the investigating detective and hes taking it to the county tomorrow morning ill have her ensure charges are being pursued
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
She also needs to continue medical care as needed and consider filing the civil suit against the defendant for damages and seek a monetary award.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Related Personal Injury Law Questions