Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

Personal Injury Law

The total medical bills as a result of my car accident is

Customer Question
over a 100k. Moreover, I...
The total medical bills as a result of my car accident is over a 100k. Moreover, I have statements from multiple doctors that establishes direct causation of my injuries to the accident. I suffered back, neck, wrist and head injuries as well as PTSD and aggravation of my depression and anxiety, as a result of the car accident. As a result of my car accident related severe PTSD and worsening depression, I had a very serious suicide attempt that almost ended my life. I have become mentally disabled due to the car accident as well as ongoing physical pain. I was fired from my job because I wasn't able to work, and now I'm collecting LTD through my former employer. The vehicle that was at fault of the car accident was a commercial box truck. My attorney said he will demand the policy max as a starting point of the negotiation. Typically, the minimum coverage for commercial trucks is 1 million. Approximately, how much should I expect in my settlement?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Why is it that not one expert is interested in answering my question?
2/13/2016
Personal Injury Lawyer: richanne96, Attorney replied 1 year ago
richanne96
richanne96, Attorney

Hello. I am sorry no one answered your question right away. I hope I can help. If the policy limit is indeed one million dollars, and your actual medical bills are more than $100,000, you should probably expect to settle for around $300,000-$450,000. I am estimating your full medical plus lost wages at $150,000. A good multiplier in cases like this is 2X-3X actual medical plus lost wages. The rest is for what is lumped together as "pain and suffering." This would cover both your physical and psychological damages.

Infolawyer, Attorney