Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

My daughter, who is 16 and not licensed took my car last…

Customer Question
my daughter, who is 16...
my daughter, who is 16 and not licensed took my car last night without permission, and allowed another unlicensed teenager drive the vehicle. My daughter's friend hit a parked trucked in a residential area. The ambulences were called, no insurance information was exchanged, we were in such a rush to get to the hospital. Fortunately everyone is ok, but I am a single mom, 100% disabled vet and my car was totaled. I have uninsured/underinsured motorist....do you feel that my car will be covered by my insurance?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
I have already called my insurance company (USAA) to file a claim, and I'm not sure if I did the right thing, please help, I need a means of transportation
2/3/2016
Personal Injury Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 2 years ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

I am sorry to read about this incident.

It is likely that your insurance company would cover your claim because you did not authorize your daughter to take the car. However, the insurance company would question you first regarding the circumstances surrounding your daughter leaving the house with the car without your permission before making a decision in your case.