How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 116716
Experience:  Licensed Attorney. Over 20 years experience in personal injury and law enforcement.
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Note. Same question I reentered last time. how do I get

Customer Question

note. Same question I reentered last time.
how do I get representation for a lawsuit I want to bring for damages as well as pain and suffering. The situation is persons unknown representing themselves as me obtained pain medication from multiple sources. Other persons unknown informed my doctors that I was obtaining pain medication from other sources in addition to him. He DROPPED me as a patient. He or someone else relayed same false story t other doctors in the pain management community ans I am unable to obtain a pain management doctor.
I have Multiple Sclerosis and Fibromyalgia as well as osteoarthritis and post stroke sequela which results in pain. I need to have pain relief. Can I get help.
badriyyah Mo'Omen
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Attorney 1 replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. I understand this is a frustrating and unfair situation, and it sounds like it may involve identity theft, too. Please reread my last response for complete information. Please let me know if anything was unclear and I'll do my best to clarify it for you. Given the additional possibility of identity theft, you could make a police report and show that to your doctors as evidence that it was not you that ordered the pain medication. Any additional evidence of identity theft would also be helpful. I will opt out of this question to open it up for other attorneys to chime in. Perhaps someone else has has some additional perspective to offer.

Good luck!


Attorney 1

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
It is not illegal for any doctor to refuse to prescribe medication to any patient I am afraid. However, if you were the victim of identity theft then you need to prove this to get the false information removed from your medical records under HIPAA. To do this you need to call the police back (I know you made a report) and you need to find the information from them if they were able to at least get a description from each pharmacy where you allegedly obtained prescriptions so you can use that as proof to your doctor who entered the information in your medical record that it was not you obtaining medications and ask for them to remove the false information from your chart.
If they refuse to remove the information from your chart upon proving to them it was not you who tried to obtain the medications, then you have to file a complaint with the US Department of Health and Human Services (the only entity that has authority under HIPAA) and file a complaint that the doctor refuses to remove the false information from your chart as required by HIPAA.
This is what you need to do in order to clear your medical records.