How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Christopher B, Esq Your Own Question
Christopher B, Esq
Christopher B, Esq, Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 2983
Experience:  personal injury and medical malpractice attorney
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Christopher B, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is there a law year in Iowa that will take on a case of

Customer Question

Is there a law year in Iowa that will take on a case of malpractice medical lawsuit that caused near death due to a botched surgery?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

Most attorney in medical malpractice will take on a case on a contingency basis which means you will not have to pay an attorney up to get your case moving and if you do not win or settle the case, you will not have to pay any money out of pocket. In exchange for that, the attorney will normally take between 30-40% minus costs of any judgment or settlement. because of this usual setup, there are not many pro bono attorneys that do this type of work for free as there are very high expenses associated with a case such as this as you will need a physician as an expert to support your case which usually charge between $300-$1000 per hour.

You could try Iowa legal aid at***** Suite 230 Des Moines, IA 50314. Phone number(###) ###-####/p>

Please let me know if you have any further question and please positively rate my answer if satisfied

Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?