Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Someone t us and has no car insurance they were cited can we

Customer Question

someone hit us and has no car insurance they were cited can we sue
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information only for educational purposes only, and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. The answer is yes. A party that is at fault in a vehicular accident may be sued, indeed.

The issue is that since they did not have insurance, they would have to be pursued for the Judgement. They may or may not have enough to even cover the judgment. A party can enforce judgment by:

-levying a bank account

-placing a lien on titled property

-wage garnishment

-attachment and sale of non-exempt assets.

The citation helps to establish their liability although in the end, the Judge/Jury make a decision.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please rate when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.