How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 1117
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have to fight my med malpractice suit pro se and I 't know

Customer Question

Customer: I have to fight my med malpractice suit pro se and I don't know what to do next, I sent them a demand letter ***** ***** 15 2015. and requested records and got those. Now I need to file with the courts immediately and I have no idea?? Should I just go to the county clerk and get the forms and file? I need to send my com[laint with them? Also Ill need a prayer for relief on the discovery rule. the surgery which is when this whole thing started was in 2012 but none of the four drs in the same ortho office told me that procedure put MRSA all thru my femur. Now that I lost my leg above the knee, because of this same situation - October of 2014 was when they told me the infection was in my femur and I had to have the rest of my leg surgically removed because the infections would never stop (in the end of the stump) Ill never be able to wear a prosthetic because of just this situation. I can get an attorney here in texas to take me seriously and nine have told me no. Oh, also one of the same drs just did surgery on me for the same issue a debridement for infection in the stump, this was April, 2015. Im desperate. I have no fear of the courts and standing up there by myself and stating my case, I just don't know what forms I need to file immediately. Am I thinking too much? what should b e with the first forms. 5 of my doctors told me I needed the hip disarticulation there was too much infection. Now they have passed me on to ANOTHER doctor at the same hospital. This is all wrong and it stems from that first surger and the device the dr. pt in my leg! Please don't tell me its hopeless. The information I have found in my research all works for the attorneys. No one will share forms and when to send them. they make you read all the texas civil code and practices which is impossible for a layperson. I have no problem hiring an attorney to help me, but no one will. I would even do all the research and running around if I could just get an attorney to tell me what to do. I would even consider a percentage for that!! I am wheelchair bound, my life as I knew it was over, ive lost my independence and its only going to get worse in the future. Please, please do you have some hopeful advice for me.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: are you talking to me? (***** *****)?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Legal Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: No Im Julie
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Do you have expert reports addressing the issues of liability and causation for each physician or health care provider against whom a claim is asserted? That is the first step in any medical malpractice case in Texas without which no malpractice suit could be filed.

Related Personal Injury Law Questions