How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Allen M., Esq. Your Own Question
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 19221
Experience:  Lawyer with personal injury practice experience.
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Allen M., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If someone slandered me. They say I added my name in their

Customer Question

if someone slandered me. They say I added my name in their business. They said I had intended to usurp. The reality is no. I worked at their shop is Independent license. My tax return in 1099 MISC. So, I can add the store address to the my sale tax permit (their store do not have sale tax_ But I have my sae tax from other business, I added this location to my sale tax) I explained to them many times. but they continue to go tell the others. they hurt my honor.they want to insult me.if i have witness. can i sue them. or just tell the lawyer send warning letter for her. please give me your opinion. thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I would start with just sending a letter warning of defamation of character claims and asking her to "cease and desist." The reason is that, though you may certainly have a defamation claim, they are rarely worth the effort of bringing them.

Damages would be your responsibility to prove and proving financial damages from something like this is exceedingly difficult. It's almost not worth doing if you are not famous or clearly make your living from your reputation. You'd need an expert witness economist to prove the potential damages. Otherwise, all you could get would be nominal damages, which might not even cover the cost for the attorney.

Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required.

If so, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.