How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal-Kal Your Own Question
Legal-Kal, Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 584
Experience:  Attorney at Law Offices of Khaled Issa
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Legal-Kal is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can a mother of an adult son sue in behalf of her son who

Customer Question

can a mother of an adult son sue in behalf of her son who was ran over drug 3 tinths of a mile
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.

Good evening:

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to provide you with general legal information. May I ask: 1) when did the accident occur and 2) is there any reason your adult son cannot proceed with any action on his own?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
oct2013 he has ptsd
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you see appeals
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you call my cell(###) ###-####
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry, I cannot complete phone calls via this PQA as it is against JA site rules. I can however, answer your question here online. If you give me a few minutes, I will type out my response for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok please respond
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.

It appears that this action stems from a criminal proceeding, as opposed to a civil proceeding. With this in mind, it is the prosecutor's office who can appeal.

Therefore, I must unfortunately be the bearer of bad news, you cannot appeal. This is because the Court is authorized to give the Defendant any disposition or sentence that is authorized by the law. While restitution would be a possible sentence, the Court did not apply it here because, it looks from the Court's perspective, that is a matter better suited for a civil action, rather than a criminal action.

So, to answer your question, can you appeal the criminal sentencing order? Unfortunately, the answer is no. The prosecutor's office would have to do this. You may try considering speaking with the prosecutor's office to address this issue.

Again, I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news. However, as an attorney, I am duty bound to give individuals a truthful and candid response. It is only in this way I can be most effective in answering questions. Please do not hold this against me.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions. I would be more than happy to answer them. If not, please remember to click ACCEPT and leave positive feedback so I may receive credit for assisting you today.

***This information is provided for educational and informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice nor does it create an attorney-client relationship. It is always wise to consult with an attorney in your jurisdiction regarding your legal issue.***

Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.

Just because you did not like the truthful legal answer does not mean you have to close the question.

Would you preferred I have given you bad information to make things worse? I think not.

I am sorry you cannot understand the actuality of the situation.