Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

My 3yr son had injuries in the day care center twice with

Customer Question

My 3yr son had injuries in the day care center twice with one month difference. It made big scars in his foreheads for 1inch one and in area between eye and eyebrow for half inch one. Especially the scar near his eye was so clear and easy to be seen. The
accident was happened when he fell down in the metallic slider step of the playground in the day care center 2 months ago. At that time he was before 3 and I think he should have not been allowed to play in the metallic slider. I want to request the medical
fee and the future surgery fee, for example plastic surgery to get rid of the scar for both cases. What kind of the procedure and forms do I have to take to request these fees? Please let me know. Thanks.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  richanne96 replied 1 year ago.

The daycare center should have a form for reporting an accident, and if the accident was two months ago, that form should have been filled out by now. The next step is for a demand letter to go out to the daycare center, either from yourself or from a personal injury attorney. You will first want to have a doctor evaluate whether the scars are permanent (unlikely) and if not, how long they will take to vanish on their own. And you will want to have a plastic surgeon determine whether plastic surgery is advisable on someone so young in this situation. If the daycare center is unwilling to work with you on a settlement, you may need to sue them for negligence.