How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 1135
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 3yr son had injuries in the day care center twice with

Customer Question

My 3yr son had injuries in the day care center twice with one month difference. It made big scars in his foreheads for 1inch one and in area between eye and eyebrow for half inch one. Especially the scar near his eye was so clear and easy to be seen. The
accident was happened when he fell down in the metallic slider step of the playground in the day care center 2 months ago. At that time he was before 3 and I think he should have not been allowed to play in the metallic slider. I want to request the medical
fee and the future surgery fee, for example plastic surgery to get rid of the scar for both cases. What kind of the procedure and forms do I have to take to request these fees? Please let me know. Thanks.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  richanne96 replied 1 year ago.

The daycare center should have a form for reporting an accident, and if the accident was two months ago, that form should have been filled out by now. The next step is for a demand letter to go out to the daycare center, either from yourself or from a personal injury attorney. You will first want to have a doctor evaluate whether the scars are permanent (unlikely) and if not, how long they will take to vanish on their own. And you will want to have a plastic surgeon determine whether plastic surgery is advisable on someone so young in this situation. If the daycare center is unwilling to work with you on a settlement, you may need to sue them for negligence.