Samuel-II
Samuel-II, Attorney
Experience:  more than 20 years experience in the legal profession
10707909

Our child (3 months old) attends a daycare (Kindercare). The

Customer Question

Our child (3 months old) attends a daycare (Kindercare). The infant room - which has kids up to 1 year olds - has a total of 8 children max with 2 teachers working depending on how many kids are there.
Today we received a call to let us know our 3 month old was bit by another child. She has a giant bite mark on her face. Their explanation was that a child just went up to her and bit her and they got there too late.
She is the youngest in the class and is a little over 3 months old. Her face has a giant red bite mark on it. Is there anything I can do? I feel like they should've been watching her more closely. I understand this is "normal" behavior for toddlers but she's 3 months old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only way this could happen is if she was unsupervised. She can't crawl, sit up, walk. She's completely defenseless.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My question is, can we take any legal action? If so, what are our options?
Expert:  Samuel-II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

I am sorry to hear this for your baby. Poor thing.

Yes I suggest that with 2 teachers, it appears there could be some negligence in they were not watching your baby carefully enough. I suggest, that you should consider consulting with a local attorney who can then evaluate all the facts of the matter, talk to the administrators, determine the "damages" to your daughter.