How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel-II Your Own Question
Samuel-II, Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  more than 20 years experience in the legal profession
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Samuel-II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Our child (3 months old) attends a daycare (Kindercare). The

Customer Question

Our child (3 months old) attends a daycare (Kindercare). The infant room - which has kids up to 1 year olds - has a total of 8 children max with 2 teachers working depending on how many kids are there.
Today we received a call to let us know our 3 month old was bit by another child. She has a giant bite mark on her face. Their explanation was that a child just went up to her and bit her and they got there too late.
She is the youngest in the class and is a little over 3 months old. Her face has a giant red bite mark on it. Is there anything I can do? I feel like they should've been watching her more closely. I understand this is "normal" behavior for toddlers but she's 3 months old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only way this could happen is if she was unsupervised. She can't crawl, sit up, walk. She's completely defenseless.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My question is, can we take any legal action? If so, what are our options?
Expert:  Samuel-II replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

I am sorry to hear this for your baby. Poor thing.

Yes I suggest that with 2 teachers, it appears there could be some negligence in they were not watching your baby carefully enough. I suggest, that you should consider consulting with a local attorney who can then evaluate all the facts of the matter, talk to the administrators, determine the "damages" to your daughter.