How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 1117
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I work law here in Baltimore Maryland. The attorney settled

Customer Question

I work for a law here in Baltimore Maryland. The attorney settled a case in the amount of $6200 on behalf of the minor child. After the medical expenses are paid from the proceeds the parent will receive $3200 in behalf of the minor child.
The insurance company is claiming that the funds has to sit with the courts until the child reaches age 18. ( something in that regard not exactly clear)
Do you have any experience or expertise in this area as to what's appropriate or can another course of action be pursued. Mind you, the provider is due his balance and PIP did not pay for the entire physical therapy. This in return can adversely affect the parents credit rating. Please advise
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  richanne96 replied 1 year ago.

It sounds more like this is something the insurance company is demanding, rather than something it is claiming, unless it is claiming that that is one of the terms of its insurance contract with its insured. The funds would not sit with the courts, but they would be placed in trust. But that is always done after paying lien holders.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

can you research how much the parents are allow to receive on behalf of the child in Maryland while he is under 18? this will be truly helpful because they may be in violation. We think it's 5000 but don't know for sure

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
apparently the attorneys off-line we need someone else to address the question
Expert:  richanne96 replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your interesting question. Apparently Maryland has a very unique law on this. If the net sum obtained on behalf of the child, after attorneys' fees and expenses, is $5,000 or more, it must be placed in trust for the child. This is in the Maryland Estates and Trusts statutes at section 13-401, et. seq. The $5,000 figure is in section 13-403.

Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, and Welcome to JustAnswer, I am sorry to hear how the new administrators are treating you and do not even show their gratitude for all your successful past events in which you were involved. I could not ascertain from the facts if you had a written contract for your position with NAMIRI.

Q. Was there a written employment contract signed by you

Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I apologize, but half of the sentence was cut off. The question was, Did you have a written employment contract with Namiri, signed by anyone in authority at NAMIRI, whether or not they are presently still employed by NAMIRI ?

Thank you and I look forward to your reply,


Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have a grandbaby whom I can't see because the mother of the child refuses to allow my son to pick up his daughter. My son pays his child support religiously. My grandbaby is 2 1/2 years old. Six months ago, when she became two my son was no longer responsible to pay his end together with her end of the child support. The law allows custodial parent not to work for the first two years. Subsequently, my son has been obligated to pay both his and in her end. He trying to get relief becauses the two-year arrangement has been up as of November 2014. She is currently working but is her income is not calculated in the child support equation. Obviously, this is not fair to my son...what would be the best way to expedite this situation so that my son can stop paying her end of support. Noteworthy as well, the baby is currently residing with my son full time and he has applied for an emergency custody hearing due to the unhealthy conditions that exist in the custodial parents home.

He is not taking the child back to the custodial parent, just based on child support only in record, because there are seven people living in the dwelling is only designed for a family of four. The custodial parent lives on a single top floor apartment with her parents. There are only two bedrooms and one bath. Her brother occupy one-bedroom. She occupies the other bed room with her younger sister. The three-year-old baby( my sons daughter) does not have a bed of her own. Worse yet, her parents bed room is the "living room."

There is round-the-clock bickering and arguing in the apartment. Mr. Scott ( just attacked the private processor a lady in her mid-40s ) has a very violent temper. The police were called after he was banging on her car window throwing the papers back at her yelling pretty doesn't live here. Similarly, Brittany the custodial mother deliberately jetted off with her car while my son was reaching for his parking pass on her rearview mirror( this incident happened about two years ago). Her insurance company settled out of court for $20,000. She has an extreme bipolar disorder. Undocumented.

Please advise

Read more:

Expert:  richanne96 replied 1 year ago.

How did these two different question threads get put together into one? How do we undo this?

Related Personal Injury Law Questions