How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 118658
Experience:  Licensed Attorney. Over 20 years experience in personal injury and law enforcement.
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was hurt badly while in the hospital in florida. large

Customer Question

I was hurt badly while in the hospital in florida. large bedsores all over my body which took over a year to partially heal, and throat and vocal chord damage. what can I do ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only

Under FL law, you have 2 years from the date this took place to sue for malpractice. In FL a malpractice claim is started by sending a notice of intent to sue for malpractice to the defendant hospital. Under FL law, notice of intent to initiate medical malpractice litigation must include a verified written medical expert opinion corroborating that there are reasonable grounds to believe that each named defendant was negligent. Fla. Stat. Ann. § 766.203.

So under FL law, before an attorney would take your case, you must have a medical expert write the report that states the hospital acted below the reasonable standard of care and was thus negligent in causing you to suffer the bed sores and resulting conditions. Once you have such a report, then you can bring the information to a local medical malpractice attorney to pursue on your behalf.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
all is useless info, stuff I know already! I want my money back!
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your reply. Forgive me for not knowing what you know already, since you did not tell me what you already knew and if you had it would have saved me my time in bothering to give you that information.

But, perhaps to be more productive, if you could tell us specifically what you do not already know so that we could try to provide you information you can use, then we could provide you better information.