How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JD 1992 Your Own Question
JD 1992
JD 1992, Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 33555
Experience:  Board Certified Specialist in Personal Injury Trial Law, Member of Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
JD 1992 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Dwayne, I am dealing with a very bad situation concerning my

Customer Question

Hello Dwayne B, I am dealing with a very bad situation concerning my health and the ability to be able to perform efficiently on 10/19/2015 or at all for my argument before the judge on why my case should be heard before a jury. The scheduler at my doctor's
office made a mistake and did not schedule me the proper time in the early part of September in order for me to walk, sit, stand, or think without being in major pain and my court date is October 19,2015. My doctor was very upset and had them to give me a
letter to whom it may concern that my Lumbar Denervation procedure that controls the nerves that runs from my back to my legs will not take place until October 29,2015 and I am in no position to perform or think. What do I do at this point? Do I have someone
to take a written letter for me with a copy of the letter and ask for a continuation or do I show up if I can but I will be taking a major chance depending on showing up because I do not know how my health would be on the 19th and explain to the judge myself,
I am just finding out I am totally crippled without steroids that only allow me to go from the bed to the restroom but not under any heavy duty pressure? Please advise.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry but I was in much pain and thought my daughter would better type this for clear understanding. I was saying,if I should write an letter including the copy of the letter from my doctor office that explains my situation and !. Send or take to the courts to the attention of the judge and make sure I get stamped and send the other lawyer an certified copy . Take enough pains pills to make it to court and explain to the judge myself in person?
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 1 year ago.

You would file the motion for continuance along with your affidavit and the letter from the doctor and ask that the judge postpone the matter.

The, ask the court coordinator to set a telephonic hearing for you and if the judge refuses to hear it telephonically then a regular hearing and just attend it as best you can since it will be a very short hearing. Be sure and get an order signed with whatever the judge's ruling is.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Dwayne. I called the courts today to find out more about the forms to have the case continued and to my dismay the representative informed me my case was called and dismissed without my knowledge of an early court date that I only receive an letter
that state October 19,2015. Please tell me something can be done. They pulled an fast one on me!
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 1 year ago.

When was it dismissed? More specifically, what date was the order signed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not know because I just called right before 5:00 and the office closes at 5:00. I will be calling first thing tomorrow morning because my letter I received had October 19,2015 and the date is so familiar to me because it is my first cousin's birthday and we are very close. What could they have done? Can I over ride this no matter what they did?
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 1 year ago.

It depends on what they did and when as to what you can do. If it was too long ago then it gets extremely complicated. If it was recent then you may be able to just file a Motion to Reinstate.

I need you to go ahead and issue a Positive Rating on this one and then open a new thread on the new issue once you find out what happened (since it is a new topic and the website requires new threads for new topics). You can ask for me specifically on it by starting the question with FOR DWAYNE B ONLY and I'll pick up on it.

Related Personal Injury Law Questions