How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Christopher B, Esq Your Own Question
Christopher B, Esq
Christopher B, Esq, Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 2982
Experience:  personal injury and medical malpractice attorney
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Christopher B, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Aug 14, 2015 At Jesse VAMC this doctor While cleaning my ear

Customer Question

Aug 14, 2015 At Jesse Brown VAMC this doctor While cleaning my ear dug skin from my ear causing bleeding, swelling loss of hearing and soreness. up to now I haven't been able to see another doctor out side of the VA hospital to look at my ear because I will have to be referred by a doctor or a lawyer
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

I believe you are asking if you have a medical malpractice claim. You will have to prove that the care you received fell below the applicable standard of care and that you were injured by that care. The standard of care is what a physician of similar specialty would have done in similar circumstances. There are also known complications for every procedure and normally these complications are spelled out orally or are included in a consent form. Therefore, you can have an injury that is not considered negligence. You need to request the applicable medical records and normally need to have an expert review and testify to the fact that there was negligence involved. You will need to retain an experienced local medical malpractice attorney who can provide the expert and ascertain the claim and find out if you have any damages.these claims can be difficult to prove.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer as it is the only way I will be compensated for my time by the site. (There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 next to my answer, an excellent or good rating would be fantastic.)

Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 1 year ago.

I see you have reviewed my answer, do you have any further questions? If not, please positively rate my answer if satisfied.