How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 6391
Experience:  20 years professional experience
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am concerened that I t (paint on paint) an elderly man

Customer Question

I am concerened that I hit (paint on paint) an elderly man with address in Puerto Rico and they are setting for full coverage with my insurance company and now asking for financial affidavits, and my insurance comapny is encouraging me to do it fast so they can settle this. I'm furious since it was an accident that could have been rubbed out, no need for repair. But this old man is trying to get more $$
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hit his car, he is 75 and claiming head and neck and back injuries. Yes at his age. The address on his license was Puerto Rico even though he is in Florida. He said the car was his son's car. He never complained of any injuries and did not go to the ER. It was paint on paint. MY claims adjuster stated the other side is requesting my full coverage of 10.000 (which I fully expected) and will settle with that only upon contingency of financial affidavit filled out. I'm confused since my insurance company is encouraging this so they can get this settled. I am barely getting by, but have saved up 10,000 that is set aside for my retirement some day. Should I fill this financial affidavit out and why is my insurance comapny now all of a sudden wanting to get it settled after 6 months? Why are they paying him anything?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
PLease get a Florida lawyer ONLY
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

My name is Maverick. I can assist you with this but I am not a FL attorney. If no one from FL picks up this question after a reasonable amount of time, then let me know if you want me to assist you.

Related Personal Injury Law Questions