How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney with experience representing plaintiffs in personal injury matters.
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need an attorney to evaluate whether or not if I have a

Customer Question

I need an attorney to evaluate whether or not if I have a case against Genetech for developing necrosis of my jaw after longterm use of their product Boniva.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

You will need to speak with a local attorney for a case evaluation (it appears that you have already spoken with one attorney that has reviewed your file, but you need to speak with one or more other attorneys to find one that is willing or able to accept you as a client - attorneys must manage their case loads in order to stay in business (most law firms run on a fairly thin profit margin, so it is important to match incoming cases to the firm's needs and profiles, do not be discouraged if your case doesn't fit with the first attorney you speak with).

Pharmaceutical claims are based on expert testimony, this means you, or your attorney, will need to find a medical expert (or experts), to testify as to the standard of care in the industry, whether your manufacturer's conduct fell below that standard, and whether that negligence was the cause of your injury. The same (or a different) expert can then testify as to your projected future damages and cost of medical care.

Due to the complexity of these claims, I highly recommend that you retain a plaintiff's lawyer (also called trial attorneys), to better find a fit for your case, look for one that has experience in pharmaceutical cases. Fortunately the majority of these attorneys will provide you with a free consultation, and many will represent you on a contingency basis (they will advance the costs of litigation and legal services in exchange for a portion of your successful settlement or judgment).

You can find local attorneys using the State and Local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as;; or (I personally find to be the most user friendly).