How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 118809
Experience:  Licensed Attorney. Over 20 years experience in personal injury and law enforcement.
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I filed a complaint in Superior Court, AZ and have since

Customer Question

I filed a complaint in Superior Court, AZ and have since discovered more information and would like to ask for additional compensation. I have not heard from the defendant. How could I add to the complaint I already have in court?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If your complaint has not been answered yet, then you have a right to file an amended complaint. You do so by writing up your new amended complaint. You title your new document, First Amended Complaint, and you file it with the clerk of court. You then have to serve the other party again with a copy of the amended complaint and a new summons to answer the amended complaint and you have to serve them with a professional process server.