richanne96
richanne96, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney in private practice in Phoenix, AZ
69015496

I ate at a restaurant, in which after I have eaten, I

Customer Question

I ate at a restaurant, in which after I have eaten, I discovered maggots in the rice. I took pictures and showed it to the manager. She agreed that what she was seeing on my plate was a maggot. I have an open claim and went to the emergency room to check for any problems. They said I should be OK. Now I'm scared to eat rice. What kind of settlement should I go for?
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  richanne96 replied 1 year ago.

It was certainly legitimate for you to go to the emergency room to check for any problems. Therefore, the restaurant should pay the hospital bill. From what you state here, you did not suffer any pain and suffering, but certainly you suffered from emotional distress. You can not collect for developing a fear of rice unless you pay to see a therapist to rid yourself of the phobia. Assuming you do not do this and suffer no additional ill effects, I would ask for double the amount of the hospital bill.