How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 38910
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can you send me a template to file a amendment to a

Customer Question

Can you send me a template to file a amendment to a complaint?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 2 years ago.


There is no "one size fits all" sample complaint, nor an amendment thereto. If all you want to do is consolidate the charges of your original complaint so as to place facts concerning the language issue within the section of the complaint discussing race, then you would simply title your new complaint "First Amended EEO Complaint," and then write something like: Complainant [yourname]. hereby amends his/her original EEO Complaint as follows:" After which you would restate the entire original complaint with whatever modifications you deem necessary, so that the judge can read the amended complaint without any reference to the original complaint.

I'm assuming that your original complaint was written on plain paper, rather than on a form provided by your agency's EEO office. But, if it was written on an agency form, you can write "First Amended Complaint" at the top of a new form, and then write your amended complaint on the new form with your changes.

That's pretty much all you need to do.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Related Personal Injury Law Questions