Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Partnered in a personal injury law firm for approximately 30 years.
18215332

I hurt my knee outside of work. I am a truck driver that has

Customer Question

I hurt my knee outside of work. I am a truck driver that has a occ ins policy. File a claim stated I hurt it stepping down out of my truck. Truck was in the shop at the time of my injury. Hurt my knee in a freak accident. What r my options to correct this. Have not received any benefit or payments
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 2 years ago.

Have you read the insurance policy that you filed under? What is it supposed to pay you if you can't work due to an injury? How long ago did you file the claim form, and what has been the response.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No ins company mail me out a copy of the policy. Will read policy as soon as I receive it file claim on 7/26/15
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 2 years ago.

You have to read the policy, check with your agent and see exactly what you are covered for. If the insurance company refuses payment of a legitimate claim, you may have to sue them and/or file a complaint with the Texas Department of Insurance. http://www.tdi.texas.gov/

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank u. Will wait on policy in the mail.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 2 years ago.

Okay. Let me know if you have other questions. Until I hear from you, I will consider this question to be Answered. Please enter a positive rating.