Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

Can I sue my former employer slip and fall accident that…

Customer Question
Can I sue my former...
Can I sue my former employer for a slip and fall accident that occurred while I was employed?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/4/2015
Personal Injury Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Loren, Attorney
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a Florida licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
Was the injury incurred during the course of your employment?

Thank you for the additional information.

Your exclusive remedy is to file a claim under workman's comp.

but i dont work there anymore. they fired me 2 months after the incident and I am still in pain

The benefit is that you do not have to prove negligence or fault on the employer's part.

i dont understand

You need to file a claim under workman's comp. It is not a slip and fall lawsuit.

The Florida Bar maintains an excellent online referral program: https://www.floridabar.org/divpgm/lronline.nsf/wreferral6?OpenForm

Are you still online with me?

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service to you.