How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Christopher B, Esq Your Own Question
Christopher B, Esq
Christopher B, Esq, Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 2983
Experience:  personal injury and medical malpractice attorney
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Christopher B, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Port St. Lucie Florida, on Friday April 3rd my son

Customer Question

I live in Port St. Lucie Florida, on Friday April 3rd my son and I were in an auto accident where we were rear ended. Initially the damages appeared minor, however the repairs were $1,500. State Farm paid for the repairs. The impact was on the passenger's side of the vehicle where I was sitting. By the time I got home I was sore. I had just started a new job and my insurance was not going to be active for another 30 days. I tried managing my pain with Motrins and Aleeve however, the pain was not subsiding. I finally went to a Dr. who who treated me for neck and back muscle strain and prescribed pain medication and recommended I physical therapy which I did. State Farm paid 80% of my medical bills, I filed for settlement for pain, suffering and inconvenience and they declined. Would you know if I am entitled to a settlement?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 2 years ago.
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. You can be entitled to a settlement if you have damages, if State Farm refuses to make a settlement offer regarding pain and suffering then you have the right to retain counsel and assert that claim. You have to be careful to sign anything related to your medical bills as it might preclude you from certain damages. If liability has already been determined and you are having the pain you are describing then you need to have it documented sufficiently. If you contact a personal injury attorney, many times they will have doctors they deal with that know how to properly document claims such as this. The medical records will be very important and the damages related to the injuries will be determined from this. Many times just retaining an attorney will increase any settlement offer from an insurance company. Although you will likely have to pay 40% of any settlement or judgment (depending on your agreement with the attorney ) so you will have to weigh the benefits. Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer as it is the only way I will be compensated. (There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 next to my answer, an excellent or good rating would be fantastic ).
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 2 years ago.
Just checking back in, please let me know if you have any further questions. If not, please do not forget to positively rate my answer (There should be smiley faces or a 1-5 ranking on my answer. I would appreciate a good or excellent rating) as this is the only way that I am compensated for my work.
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 2 years ago.
Any chance for a positive rating?