How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 117420
Experience:  Licensed Attorney. Over 20 years experience in personal injury and law enforcement.
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am female, 61 yrs old. I had a supposed ankle fusion and

Customer Question

I am female, 61 yrs old. I had a supposed ankle fusion and repair surgery on my left foot Nov. 2013. 2 screws in my foot broke during recovery. I followed recovery instructions to a "t". I now have a large protrusion (deformity) on my left ankle that's
been there since surgery. I recently got a second opinion from an orthopedic doctor who specializes in feet and ankles. He went over my xrays and CT scan with me. My brother was also with me. The Dr. said there was no ankle fusion and the deformity is from
misaligned bones. I'm in constant pain and can only walk short distances. I'm having custom shoes made ordered by 2nd doctor. But the pain and inability to walk will remain. Do I pursue litigation? thank you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Not every medical procedure that has a negative outcome is considered to be negligent or malpractice I am afraid. In order to have a claim of malpractice you need this second doctor to be willing to testify (and provide an affidavit before you file suit). If you have that, then you need to take that information to a local medical malpractice attorney who will take that information to pursue litigation.

Related Personal Injury Law Questions