Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

I was injured on job. Aquired Legionaires Dz and Rhabdo. Large…

Customer Question
I was injured on job...
I was injured on job. Aquired Legionaires Dz and Rhabdo. Large amt. muscle wasting. I was hospitalized-Physical tx. all care given. Workmans comp. settled amt. Now I am suffering from residuals of my illness. I have not worked for yrs. Now at age of 65 I wish to retire w/disability. From my case I have tx for my residuals for the rest of my life. I still am suffering w/back,bilal. thigh pain, bilat arm pain. surgery on rt.thumb and rt. shoulder from Rhabdo. I stumble, unable to walk long distance, sit or stand for any length of time. Jerking movement of rt. arm=dropping things,numbness of rt. thumb.Unableto sleep thru the night
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
7/4/2015
Personal Injury Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Attorney replied 3 years ago
Marsha411JD, Attorney
Hello,Can you please tell me what your legal question is? I may have follow up questions once I know your question.
Been thru litigation of workmans comp. Now I am of age to retire 65. Already compensated for my injury. I would like to retire with disability. The county which I worked refused to retire me w/disability. ,they believe I can still work as a nurse.I can not function as a nurse any more.Chronic pain ,stumbing gait,etc.
To keep it simple I am requesting to retire from nursing w/disability due to their error.
Unfortunately, I am going to be away from my office and will not be able to work on your question now, so I am going to opt out and allow another Expert to assist you. They will be in contact as soon as they have taken your question.
Personal Injury Lawyer: Andrea, Esq., Attorney replied 3 years ago
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Good morning, My name is ***** ***** I am another Attorney here on JustAnswer and I will be glad to Answer your questions. Please keep in mind that the Answers I give you are based on California law and although I might not agree with the law governing your case, I have an ethical obligation to give you only correct Answers under California law so that you are able to plan your steps accordingly, You stated that you are going to inform your employer that you want to retire from nursing and receive disability benefits, Is that correct ? 2. Are you presently receiving disability benefits ? 3. When do you anticipate retiring from the nursing field and will you have reached age 65 at that time, or are you already 65 years of age ?4. Is the County you worked for telling you to continue to work and not to retire ?5. You stated, "I would like to retire with disability. The county which I worked refused to retire me w/disability...." When you stated, "retirement benefits", were you referring to some type of pension plan that the County has for its employees, or were you referring to ***** Disability Benefits ? Thank you and I look forward to your reply, I may still have some additional questions because I would like to cover all possibilities, so I hope you do not mind, Okay ? :) ANDREA ANDREA
#1- yes #2-yes, social security disability #3-already 65 #4 disability retirement denied
Good morning, and Thank you for your additional information, 1. Does your employer provide you and other employees with disability benefits and retirement benefits ?? 2. If so, have you contributed any money towards the disability insurance or to an employee pension fund, or were they totally funded by the employer ? 3. If you were to retire now, what would be the source of your disability benefits - Your employer's disability benefits, or a pension fund funded by the employer ? I apologize for the questions, but I would like the Answer I give you to cover all possibilities so that you know exactly what your rights are, Thank you and I look forward to your reply, ANDREA
I do not answer private calls.