Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

On January 30, 2015, my husband- who recently had surgery during…

Customer Question
On January 30, 2015, my...
On January 30, 2015, my husband- who recently had surgery during that time- had to return to ER because of infection. Weak and ill, he was taken to X-rays and allowed to fall and hit his head. When the nurse brought him back, he had visible bruises and cuts on the face. Is this a case of neglect since it does not seem to fit malpractice?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
6/25/2015
Personal Injury Lawyer: Roger, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Roger, Attorney
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist. Yes, this could be a premises liability/negligence issue if your husband was not properly attended to during his hospital stay. There could possibly be another claim for medical negligence IF you could establish that the attending medical providers fell below the applicable standard of care during the time he sustained a fall.......but that would depend on the specific facts. Nevertheless, there would certainly be claims under general negligence/premises liability laws.....and you should see a local attorney soon about pursuing a claim as statutes of limitation are relatively short in situations like this.
Roger, Attorney