Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

Do I have any grounds to sue Dr. *****

Customer Question
***** for making the wrong...
Do I have any grounds to sue Dr. ***** ***** for making the wrong decision when I had to do Chemo and when she was told about my blood clot issue and she did nothing to prevent this when I did Chemo. Also I am now on coumadin probably for life because I had a Implant called a Vena Cava Filter which is the reason I have to be on Coumadin for life unless they can remove it. My doctor here was suppose to make arrangements for the removal, however he had to get permission from Dr. E. Waltke in Omaha, Nebraska who put the implant in. I have not heard from my doctor on what Waltke said, but I'm very upset with the decisions being made.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
My sister was with me and heard me tell Dr. Reed about my issues with getting blood clots, but she totally ignored it.
6/18/2015
Personal Injury Lawyer: Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney replied 3 years ago
Thank you for your post. I see that you are requesting a phone call. My apologies but I do not provide such services. Would you prefer that I reply here, or what I can also do is discuss via Skype. Just please be aware that I cannot act as counsel to you, and my conversation will not create an attorney-client relationship. Please advise!
Please reply here, since I do not have Skype..
Please send me an email regarding this subject.
As far as filing suit please be aware that any 'medical malpractice' case can be quite difficult to pursue. The standard under which you can prove injury is if you can show that the standard of care you obtained was below the type and level of care an ordinary, prudent, health care professional, with the same training and experience, would provide under similar circumstances in the same community. In other words, would a doctor in a similar situation act similarly or differently based on your specific situation. This can usually be answered by having other medical professionals review your medical file and if they come to a conclusion that the other doctor erred, you may have grounds for suit.
Medical malpractice cases are very tough to prevail under, but you can obtain your records, bring it to a medical malpractice attorney, have them contact their doctors, and see if there was fault. If yes, you have grounds. but this is not a simple 'yes' or a 'no' situation as your files and your specific conditions have to be evaluated first before a conclusion can be reached regarding whether or not there is a basis for suit.
Sincerely,
Dimitry, Esq.