Teacher Editor
Teacher Editor, Teacher
Experience:  Instructor
19568076

Is it worth suing or defamation if someone in

Customer Question

Is it worth suing for slander or defamation if someone in the neighborhood is making false statements about me? Would the amount that I pay a lawyer would be about the same monetary value that I would receive from the lawsuit? It it worth proceeding in
that manner?
Category: Personal Injury Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is not personal injury this is real estate law
Expert:  Teacher Editor replied 2 years ago.
The answer to this question depends on the situation. Defamation cases look at the harm done, thus, if you can somehow monetize the harm to you, then you are able to ask for attorney fees depend ing on your jurisdiction. You can also go to an attorney and ask if they will take the case on a contingency basis. If they will, you probably have a pretty strong case. If they will not, you really need to see on the amount of harm caused and future harm that is probably going to be caused.