How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legalease Your Own Question
Legalease, Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 16367
Experience:  13 years experience in personal injury law
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Legalease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was recently incarcerated in the Wisconsin Department Of

Customer Question

I was recently incarcerated in the Wisconsin Department Of Corrections. During that time I suffered multiple skin issues, panic attacks, and sleep insomnia. A doctor at the facility that I was at refused to treat me multiple times and misdiagnosed me.
This resulted in me suffering and my skin issues worsening. I seen a different doctor which could not figure out what was wrong with me. On multiple occasions the personal did not follow the policy and procedures according to Department Of Health Wisconsin.
Upon my release I went to see my doctor who diagnosed me with scabies and treated me successfully. My question is with the refusal of treatment, failure to follow policy and procedures. denial of my rights according to Wisconsin State Statue and misdiagnosis
do I have a law suit? Either malpractice or personal injury. I have pictures of my injuries, copies of ALL of my medical records and Wisconsin Department Of Adult Institutions Policy and Procedure. along with every correspondence between me and the medical
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 2 years ago.
Hello there --
We are just a question and answer service and we are not permitted to handle issues and cases offline. However, considering the fact that scabies is a parasite which you probably GOT while you were in the Dept of Corrections due to the unclean atmosphere and close living quarters, and the fact that it is not that difficult to diagnose by a doctor with even half a brain, I do think that you may have a lawsuit against them for at least a small amount of compensatory damages for what you have suffered unnecessarily. My suggestion is that you contact personal injury attorneys in your area and see if you can get one to handle the matter locally for you. I also suggest that you send a letter of complaint regarding the doctors and the treatment to the head of the Corrections Department in Wisconsin -- I genuinely believe that the scabies should not have been missed by the jail doctors because it is a condition that is common in jails and prisons and the only thing I can thing of is that the doctors were trying to keep the statistics low -- meaning that the less cases that are actually reported on the books, the better the doctors and the jail facility look to their own superiors.
Please let me know if you have further questions. I wish I could do something for you from this vantage point -- but you do need a local lawyer in order to pursue a personal injury lawsuit in this matter. Please press a positive rating below so I will be paid for my time. I appreciate it !!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Could you provide mgs with a lousy of lawyers who are known?andle cars like these on a contingency basis
Expert:  Legalease replied 2 years ago.
Hello again -
I am only permitted to refer you to your local county bar association where you can get a referral from them to handle personal injury cases. THe website does not permit me to refer you to individual attorneys or I would have done so in my last response (honestly). You can do an online search with the name of your county and state and "bar association attorney referral" and get the contact information and then speak with a paralegal there. They should be able to give you several names of lawyers locally who will talk with you about these matters and you can decide from there which direction you want to take this matter in.
I would appreciate it if you would give me a positive rating below. If you have issues of my not being able to give you specific names, that is a complaint that you can make to customer service because it is not my doing. I did answer your question and I do believe that you have a case. THANK YOU

Related Personal Injury Law Questions