Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

I'm here researching libel/defamation/slandering lawsuits,

Customer Question
Hello, I'm here researching libel/defamation/slandering...
Hello, I'm here researching libel/defamation/slandering lawsuits, information, etc.
Last year it was brought to my attention that I was being falsely spoken for/slandered online(and/or over the phone/email[I'm not sure, I have no way of proving it, unless I get the information somehow subpoenaed]), directly, by the person responsible, when their morality and honesty were both questioned.
I'm a creative body, I'm a photographer, I network, I've been networking and communicating with other creatives over the internet for years. These supposed knowingly false statements that were being propagated about my character have impacted me emotionally, and have even alienated me from a handful of my contacts. I was never told what specifically was said, but the person responsible maliciously implied that what was said was significant and harsh enough to prevent said handful of contacts from speaking to me.
When I consulted an attorney, they told me there was nothing I could do.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
6/12/2015
Personal Injury Lawyer: P. Simmons, Attorney replied 3 years ago
P. Simmons, Attorney
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
I am sorry for this dilemma but do not understand your specific questions.
Are you asking the elements of a defamation claim?