How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 116706
Experience:  Licensed Attorney. Over 20 years experience in personal injury and law enforcement.
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a case of problems related to a medicine prescribed

Customer Question

Hi I have a case of problems related to a medicine prescribed by a local MHMR. There has been some slander and later some abuse at the MHMR also where some part time college kids nearly let me die from lack of food due to diabetes.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What type of lawyer do I use to recover some of the things due to slander, like a house? The medicine caused the hormones for sex to rise 92 to 196 times and some people called me a pervert and I lost a lot including a job before I could get them changed. Now I'm better, but I lost a lot and nearly died.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also with this case can I get a lawyer to help with appealing an investigation done at MHMR. I have documentation that was not used in the investigation even some audio of me talking to a staff member. I have an appointment soon, so I'll check the email in a while. Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Before we go on I want to rephrase the question into two parts. In this problem two medicine was given to me which combined with each other and multiplied and caused a powerful side effect. There was documentation in 2005 about it. It made life rough and I tried to work and was slandered by some people with the effect as an excuse. During this time I lost a $100,000.00 house and became $30,000 in debt. It was said I was a pervert and even recently a person harassed me by trying to hit me. It was based on slander. What kind of evidence do I need and how much do I need to prove some people slandered me. People are seeing now I was affected by a medicine. One lawyer said if a person lied about you and ruined your life and you have some witnesses and it ruined your life you have an open and shut case. How many witnesses do I need? I'll put the part in a new question.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. The problem with your claim is you are talking about suing for medical malpractice, which in Texas has a two year statute of limitations from the date the incident occurred. See: Texas Code 74.251(a). As far as slander, that has an even shorter statute of limitations of 1 year from the date that it occurred. Thus, if all of this occurred in 2005, I am afraid it is too late now to sue.However, if this has happened recently and you are within the statute of limitations, there is no magic number for witnesses. if you have just one independent witness to the slander you are complaining of, that is sufficient to succeed in a case.