How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney with experience representing plaintiffs in personal injury matters.
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I went to a dentist and had him remove my top teeth because

Customer Question

I went to a dentist and had him remove my top teeth because I want to get permanent implants, so the first step was to remove the teeth and get dentures so the gums could heal. I had such a hard time with the dentures that I had the dentist put in 4 implants so the dentures would be more secure and I wouldn't have to use adhesive. Only 3 implants took and the last time I went in the dentist said he owed me an implant. I have had a problem with the dentures not securing to the implants properly so when I try to eat or when I am speaking my dentures fall down. I called the dentist today to make an appointment for an adjustment and I was told that I would be charged $30.00. I told the receptionist that I wasn't going to pay for an adjustment because it was not adjusted properly the previous times or I wouldn't still be having the problem. I want to know what legal rights I have. I want the dentist to make the dentures attach to the implants properly so they don't fall down. What can I do? What kind of an attorney do I need to hire? I paid using Care Credit. Is there anything I could do there like dispute charges although it's been several months?

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
This is a medical malpractice/breach of contract claim.Medical malpractice claims are based on expert testimony, this means you, or your attorney, will need to find a medical expert in the same, or similar field, to testify as to the standard of care in the industry, whether your physician or facility's conduct fell below that standard, and whether that negligence was the cause of your injury. The same (or a different) expert can then testify as to your projected future damages and cost of medical care. Due to the complexity of these claims, I highly recommend that you retain a medical malpractice plaintiff's lawyer (also called trial attorneys). Fortunately the majority of these attorneys will provide you with a free consultation, and many will represent you on a contingency basis (they will advance the costs of litigation and legal services in exchange for a portion of your successful settlement or judgment). You can find local attorneys using the State and Local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as;; or (I personally find to be the most user friendly).