How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ScottyMacEsq Your Own Question
ScottyMacEsq, Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 16314
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
ScottyMacEsq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Inmate was isolated unnecessarily and subject to harrassment

Customer Question

Inmate was isolated unnecessarily and subject to sexual harrassment and misconduct of 3 specific officers, (2 still employed, 1terminated). Victim forced by particular correctional officer over several months into a private shower, instructed to masturbate for/by the observing officer or suffer consequences of non compliance. During this time, female facility employee approached victim and acknowledged situation via surveillance videos advising of other victims previous to her and in process of building case for termination. Victim started keeping record of incidents as advised by her sister for the duration of her time served but did not report this out of fear of retaliation and lack of confidence in the justice system regarding officer offenses. Officer has since been quietly released..but, as suspected, no sexual misconduct charges ever filed despite YEARS of evidence. After recent illegal & unwanted Facebook contact by 1of3 offcrs, victim ready to come fwd. Please advise.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer.
I'm sorry to hear about your situation.
The first thing to do would be to file a complaint with the Office of the Inspector General (OIG). More on that would be here:
If there are criminal actions that can be taken, this would be the step that would get there.
Furthermore, you should contact the ACLU, as this is clearly a civil rights issue:
Finally, you should contact a few civil rights attorneys, which could file a "1983" action on your behalf against the government. That being said, you need to contact an attorney in your area that deals with civil rights cases. Go to or to find an attorney in your area. You should be able to find one that will give you a free initial consultation and better advise you of your rights, any problems with your case, likelihood of success, how courts are treating cases such as yours in your area, and what you should do next.
Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!